Monday 19 August 2013

My First Blog here: Recipe 1 - Mutton Curry- My mom's Style..

To all the food lovers...This is my first blog .. I just wanted to post some home made recipes, most of which is my mom's recipes. 

Tried many places to get good food which suited my taste buds, but no, i never could get that taste..probably because what my mom made was with love...to feed her son..and also my taste buds have gotten really  used to my mom's recipes...Ok let me go to recipes...

First in the list would have to be my TOP favorite Mutton Curry


Mutton Curry Recipe
 
Its a simple mutton curry which is really tasty when you add potatoes and drumstick.


Ingredients
  • Mutton - 1/2 Kg ( Any Cut)            
  • Oil - 2 tbsp
  • Coconut - 1/2 scraped
  • Ginger - 1 inch
  • Garlic - 10cloves
  • Chilli- 2~3
  • Chilli powder- 1tsp
  • Coriander powder-1tsp
  • Cinnamon -1 inch stick
  • Cloves- 3~4
  • Cardamom - 1~2
  • Fennel Seeds- 1tsp
  • Onion - 2 Big onions
  • Tomato - 2 tomatos
  • Salt - to taste
  • Turmeric powder- 1tsp

Masala paste - Mix Coconut, ginger, chilli,  garlic, Cloves,cardamom, fennel seeds and make a paste adding little water. Make it a fine paste.

Method:

  • Add two tbsp oil into the cooker and head it, add chopped onions, choppped tomatoes.
  • Once onion and tomato have been sauted for 5 minutes, add Mutton pieces
  • Mix the mutton nicely with onion and tomato piece and saute it for another 10 minutes
  • Then add Chilli powder,  coriander powder and turmeric powder. 
  • Add little salt and water and let it cook for 3~4 whistles
  • Then once the pressure is off, add the masala paste to the cooker and let it boil for 20 more minutes.
  • Check the salt and water and add as required. 
  • Garnish with coriander and is ready to serve..    
 
  
 You can add potato's and Drumstick along with the meat or boil it separately and add it post adding the masala paste. This is just an option. More recipes to come....







     

2 comments: